- * Instead of dressing down (or up!) at work or school, consider donating £3 to provide 40 mugs of Porridge through one of our Kenyan Porridge Clubs.
- * Instead of holding a Secret Santa event, you could donate £5 to provide a girl with sanitary towels and a social education programme.
- * Instead of sending Christmas cards, why not donate £10 to provide stationery to a class of Zimbabwean school children?
- African Children's Fund supports a range of projects which include:
- * Porridge Clubs and the provision of sanitary towels to Kenyan primary school children, increasing school attendance & academic attainment;
- * A nursery school and vocational training scheme for teenage girls in Tanzania;
- * The provision of educational resources and counselling for children infected or affected by HIV/AIDS in Zimbabwe; and
- * Slum dweller education forums in Uganda to promote children's rights.
If your children's school, Brownie Pack or Scout Troop would also like a giant poster to decorate, please share this page with them and don't hesitate to get in touch with us.
We are very pleased to confirm that we have been selected as one of Waitrose Faringdon's 'Community Matters' charities for the month of November, and we will receive a share of £1,000 depending on how many green tokens we receive.
This means we need your help! If you live in or near Faringdon and shop at Waitrose, please remember to pick up your green token and put it into our box when you leave the store. You can collect tokens every time you shop so hopefully there will be plenty of opportunities for you to visit in the next couple of weeks! Thank you in advance for your support.
Following the success of the 2016 & 2017 events, the Virgin Sport Oxford Half Marathon returns to the city on Sunday 8th October 2017 and African Children's Fund is delighted to have once again secured six charity places for the event.
- * Free charity technical t-shirt for all participants to wear during their training and during the race.
- * One free coaching session with a British Athletics-qualified running coach in Witney, Oxfordshire (Date TBC) plus pre-race coaching support.
- * Pre- and post-race meeting point in central Oxford with food and drink provided.
- * Full fundraising support to help you quickly set-up your online fundraising page, with advice from sign up to race day and beyond!